Another lemon blueberry recipe is on the blog today in the form of bread. I just can't get enough of this flavor combination.
This lemon blueberry bread is moist and full of blueberries and lemon flavor. It tastes more like a cake, but is classified in the quick bread section. This is a great way to start your mornings with a delicious breakfast and a cup of tea or coffee.
You can see the fresh blueberries peaking through the top. These blueberries were so juicy.
Lemon Blueberry Bread
Yield - One loaf of bread
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
zest and juice of 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
1. In a small sized bowl toss blueberries in all-purpose flour.
2. In a medium sized bowl whisk all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
3. In another medium sized bowl whisk vegetable oil, pure vanilla extract, eggs, granulated sugar and sour cream until combined. Set aside.
4. Mix in zest and juice of one lemon.
5. Gently fold in blueberries. Reserve some blueberries to place on top.
6. Pour mixture into loaf pan and even top out with a spatula.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
8. Allow bread to cool in loaf pan completely.
I hope you all are having a great week so far. Hopefully this bread will make it go a lot faster!
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Recipe from Live Well Bake Often
Savor The Baking,