I was in the baking aisle of a local grocery store last week and just happened to pass the baking chocolate. That's always a good thing. I decided to make something using one of the baking bars this weekend and came up with this.
These strawberry white chocolate squares are a white chocolate covered strawberries in cake form. They are fairly simple to make and don't take a lot of time. The addition of using fresh strawberries versus frozen strawberries makes all the difference in this type of dessert.
I love the way the melted white chocolate looks artistic on top of the squares and it gives the dessert just the right amount of sweetness, without being overwhelming.
Strawberry White Chocolate Squares
Yield: 12 squares
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3 eggs (room temperature)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup milk ( I used 2%)
1/2 cup fresh diced strawberries
1/4 cup bakers white chocolate bar (melted)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick baking spray.
1. Allow butter and 3 eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add granulated sugar.
4. Add pure vanilla extract and eggs one at a time. Beat for 1 minute on low speed after the addition of each egg.
5. Alternate adding the all-purpose flour mixture and milk.
6. Gently fold in diced strawberries.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
8. Let squares cool in pan completely.
9. Place 1/4 of bakers white chocolate bar in microwave safe bowl.
10. Microwave in 30 second increments and stir afterwards until melted.
11. Pour melted white chocolate over the squares and wait until chocolate cools.
How was everyone's weekend? It was nothing but sunshine here, so I went to a pretty neat indoor and outdoor shopping mall right next to Seattle and found an old fashioned camera shop. You should have seen my eyes light up when I walked in the door. We all know how rare camera shops are these days.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Savor The Baking,