These funfetti sugar cookies are easy to make and are bright and colorful. Sugar cookies are my favorite cookies, and have always been. They are simple, but complex and if baked from scratch the butter rises to the occasion and gives a rich boost in flavor to this often over looked cookie. Chocolate chip cookies shine all on their own, but sugar cookies are the cookie that you can pair with many things.
Sugar cookies are great for many palettes and different flavors can even be added to them like cinnamon and ginger. The possibilities are endless.
Funfetti Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
For the Funfetti Sugar Cookies:
1. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment beat unsalted butter, granulated sugar, egg, and pure vanilla extract on medium speed until smooth. This should take about 5 minutes to be smooth.
2. Add all-purpose flour, corn starch, and baking soda to butter mixture. Mix on low speed after each addition.
3. Gently fold in sprinkles.
4. Wrap dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 20 minutes if pressed for time.
5. With a 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon cookie scoop place cookie dough 2 inches a part on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 minutes.
7. Let cookie cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack until cooled completely.
If you have a big event to attend soon you will not go wrong with these cookies. They are soft and exploding in flavor.
Let cookie sheet cool completely in between batches of cookies.
Cookies can be stored in an air tight container for 5-7 days.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks
Savor The Baking,