This is the month for all things pumpkin spice. It's popping up in all kinds of recipes in the month of the pumpkin. My favorite thing about pumpkin spice are the cinnamon and nutmeg flavors. Those flavors and smells always make me think of Fall. I use these spices year round in various ways. Why not put pumpkin spice flavor into donuts? These donuts are easy to make and are healthier than fried donuts, since they are baked.
The batter for these donuts can be mixed in a bowl, but for assurance that everything was mixed well I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It also makes for an easier cleanup to me.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Yield: 12 donuts
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour + 2 Tablespoons
For the Pumpkin Spice Donuts:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with baking spray and set aside.
1. In a medium sized bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment mix vegetable oil and one egg at a time until combined.
3. Add pumpkin puree one cup at a time until combined and smooth.
4. Add ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger.
5. Pour flour mixture into batter slowly until combined.
6. Using a cookie scoop fill donut cavities until 3/4 full.
7. Bake donuts of 15 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
8. Let donuts sit for 5 minutes and transfer to a baking rack.
9. Once cooled top donuts with powdered sugar.
I hope you make and enjoy these donuts. They would taste great with some pumpkin flavored ice cream for an extra pumpkin kick. What do you love most about Fall?
Recipe adapted from King Author Flour
Savor The Baking,