Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Melt In Your Mouth Sweet Potatoes
These melt in your mouth sweet potatoes will make you think it is Thanksgiving in July. They are soft on the inside with a crisp crunch on the outside. A combination of flavors cover the outside and bring out the richness of the sweet potatoes. The directions to make these are pretty easy and your kitchen will smell great afterwards.
Nutmeg and cinnamon are two of my favorite smells in the kitchen. They are warm and inviting and they remind me of family and being in my Grandma's kitchen during the holidays. These two flavors are the stars of this great side dish. I hope that you enjoy this side dish as much as I do.
4 small Sweet Potatoes
1-2 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Heat skillet using medium high heat on the stove top
1. Boil and peel sweet potatoes
2. Cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch sections
3. In a bowl whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
4. Put 1-2 tbsp of butter in skillet and let melt
5. Coat sweet potatoes in sugar mixture on both side and place in skillet. Allow them to cook on both sides until they are slightly brown and crispy.
6. Remove sweet potatoes from skillet and allow to cool. Enjoy!!!!
What is your favorite side dish to make with sweet potatoes?
Savor the Baking,