Strawberry Muffins are rich in flavor and pack a big punch in the food world. They are also great for a quick breakfast on the go. Your favorite fruit can also be incorporated into the muffin, which makes it even better. I chose to use strawberries since they are one of my favorite fruits and they are a staple summer fruit.
I have taken a muffin recipe from joyofbaking.com as my base recipe and I made a few changes to it to make it my own. The ingredients that I used are listed below. I used all purpose flour, but if you want to use another kind of flour you can.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you make these.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and melt butter in the microwave. Let butter cool.
1. Whisk together eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add in the melted butter and combine.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in another bowl.
3. Coat the strawberries with a little flour. Fold the strawberries into the flour mixture.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only the mixture is well combined.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.