This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is the perfect bread for a fall day along with a cup of hot cocoa or even paired with a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino. This bread would be great as a Thanksgiving dessert with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. The cream cheese swirled on top gives the top of the bread some visual interest, while the cream cheese in the middle gives it an element of surprise.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Adapted from Joyofbaking.com
Yields 2 loafs
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
1 egg (room temperature)
1/3 cup sugar
8 ounces (1/2 pound) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Cream Cheese Filling Recipe Instructions
1. With hand mixer smooth cream cheese
2. Add sugar and egg
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups sugar
4 eggs (room temperature)
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 - 15 ounce can (1 3/4 cups) pure pumpkin purée
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pumpkin Bread Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray
4. Whisk in the pure pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla extract.
6. Pour half of the pumpkin batter into loaf pans.
7. Top batter with cream cheese filling. (Save a little)
8. Pour other half of batter into the loaf pans. Put remaining cream cheese filling on top swirling it with a toothpick.
9. Bake loafs at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and make it a fall tradition in your home. In the picture above you can see the cream cheese swirled into the top. Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone and a blessed weekend.
Savor the Baking,