Muffins are a breakfast that I have always loved. They are portable and they fit in my tiny hand so well. Based on taste preference there are many varieties to choose from so there is one out there for everyone. Otis Spunkmeyer muffins were frequently eaten by me walking to class during my college days.
These Chocolate Chip Strawberry muffins are a great way to start the day on the go and go great with a glass of milk. They are like a chocolate covered strawberry in a muffin. The insides are moist, while the outside has a little crunch to it like a muffin should be. The mix of strawberries and chocolate in this muffin make it a sweet treat that isn't overpowering.
I got the strawberries used in this recipe from the berry farm here in Washington state. We are blessed to have a lot of organic and locally grown food here, where most things are fresh from the ground. These were the last of the berries from the season.
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Muffins
Yield- 12 muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh strawberries (diced into bite sized pieces)
1/2 cup Nestle milk chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray the cups with a non-stick bakers spray.
1. In a microwave safe bowl melt the stick of butter and let cool to room temperature.
2. Using a stand mixer on low speed combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
3. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients on low speed. (do not overmix)
5. Sprinkle a little flour onto the diced strawberries (so they won't sink) and fold into the mixture.
6. Fold the milk chocolate morsels into the mixture
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire wracks.
Can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days and refrigerated for 5 days.
To freeze place in zip loc freezer bags
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking. I love watching her YouTube videos.
I hope that you all have a great week. What is your favorite muffin flavor?
Savor The Baking,