The weekend is over and I am back with a recipe that would go great for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. These pumpkin pecan blondies have a light pumpkin taste and are full of pecan bits and milk chocolate morsels.
These pumpkin pecan blondies are soft and chewy when you bite into them. The nutmeg and cinnamon give just the right addition of Fall spice. The pecan bits give the blondies some texture and the milk chocolate morsels give them some extra sweetness.
A bowl of your favorite ice cream flavor is the perfect compliment to a piece of warmed pumpkin pecan blondie.
Pumpkin Pecan Blondies
Yield - 20 blondies
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1/4 cup pecan bits
For the pumpkin pecan blondies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch rectangle pan with non-stick baking spray.
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment beat butter on low speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
3. Add egg and pure vanilla extract until combined.
4. Add pure pumpkin puree. (It may look curdled, but don't panic)
5. Add in flour mixture with mixer on low speed.
6. Gently fold in milk chocolate morsels and pecan bits
7. Spread batter evenly in 9x13 pan.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges start to pull away from pan and toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
9. Let blondies cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove blondies from pan and place on cooling rack until completely cooled.
These blondies can be adapted to your taste preference by adding different flavors. Some other flavors that you can add are dried cherries, crushed banana chips, or almonds.
I hope that you all are having a great start to the week. What is your favorite pumpkin flavored dessert?
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Blondies can be stored by laying flat in a single layer in an air tight container for 2 days. Refrigerate left overs.
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
Savor The Baking,