I've always had a thing for milk chocolate M&M's.They are original and classic. Many varieties are in stores now, but the milk chocolate one's are still my favorite. What better way to enjoy M&M's than to pair them with a simple chocolate brownie. It doesn't get any better than that.
This M&M brownie is full of M&M's inside and out. The chocolate flavor of the brownie is not too overpowering, since the M&M's are the star of this show.
Yield: 16-20 brownies (depending on size of squares)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
For the M&M Brownies
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 8 x 8 square pan with tin foil for easy clean up.
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder until combined. Set aside.
2. In another medium sized bowl whisk egg, vegetable oil and granulated sugar.
3. Add pure vanilla extract, water, and unsweetened Hershey's cocoa powder the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of M&M's.
6. Spread brownie batter evenly into 8 x 8 square pan. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of M&M's on top of brownie batter. Be careful that they don't sink.
8. Bake brownies for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
9. Let brownies cool in pan for 5 minutes.
10. Remove brownies from pan and place on cooling rack until cooled completely.
I hope you all have a great start to the week. What is your favorite way to pair candy with dessert?
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Savor The Baking,