I thought this would be a fun post to create, since the Red Velvet Oreos hit the shelves earlier this month. I wasn't able to get my hands on them until recently, since my local stores were sold out. What do you think of them? I think they taste pretty good and the cream cheese flavored filling is my favorite part.
Viewers seem to like my milkshake posts a lot and I thought this would be a nice addition to the blog. The results of the milkshake are a rich red velvet flavor with a mix of cream cheese and french vanilla.
The crumbled Oreo on top seals the deal for a lovely treat. This would be great to drink on a lady weekend, while watching your favorite movies or lounging around. What could be better than red velvet?
Red Velvet Oreo Milkshake
Yield: 1 8oz glass
3 red velvet oreos
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
2 cups french vanilla ice cream
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
whipped topping (optional)
1. Place milk, french vanilla ice cream, and pure vanilla extract in blender. Set aside.
2. Place 2 Oreo cookies into the blender.
3. Start blender on low speed and progress to high speed until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour milkshake into cup. Covering with whipped topping is optional.
5. Scrape filling out of remaining Oreo cookie. Crumble cookie over milkshake .
I hope you all had a great weekend and are having a great start to the week. I am enjoying all of the recent sunshine here in Washington state. It's a welcome change from all of the rain.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Savor The Baking,