There is nothing like a good and rich chocolate muffin to start your morning. These muffins just happen to have everyone's favorite dinner mint included, Andes Mints. If you are a chocolate lover these mints are for you. Be sure to grab one on the way out the door in the morning.
Muffins are a quick and easy way to get breakfast in when you are having a hectic morning. The chocolate in these muffins will give you just the boost you need to start your day.
Double Chocolate Muffins with Andes Mints
Yield: 16 cupcakes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup Andes mints crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
1. In a medium sized bowl mix all purpose flour, unsweetened natural cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer and whisk attachment beat eggs and egg yolk on medium speed. Slowly pour in granulated sugar until combined.
3. Switch whisk attachment to paddle attachment.
4. On medium speed add the vegetable oil, sour cream, and pure vanilla extract until combined.
5. Slowly ass flour mixture to muffin batter until combined.
6. Gently fold Andes mints into the batter.
7. Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
8. Let muffins cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffins cups and place on cooling rack until cooled completely.
I hope that you have all had a wonderful start to the Summer and are beating the heat the best way you know how, while having fun. What are your plans for the Fourth of July weekend?
Savor The Baking,