In honor of Oreo's 100th anniversary, which was March 6, 2012, I decided to make Chocolate Chip Cookies stuffed with vanilla oreos. I chose to use vanilla oreo's, but you can use chocolate oreo's if you prefer those. I used the chocolate chip cookie recipe that was in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and I simplified the instructions so they could be understood easier.
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar (I used a little more)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sifted flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Recipe: Makes 12 cookies
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Mix together 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until light and fluffy.
3) Place 1 cup of all purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of soda in a bowl. Sift these ingredients so they will have no lumps.
4) Add the ingredients above to mixture and blend well.
5) Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
6) Make 24 cookie dough balls. Take an oreo and put 1 cookie dough ball on each side of it. Shape the cookie dough around the oreo until it is fully covered. Repeat until you have 12 cookies dough balls stuffed with oreo's
7) Place the 12 cookie dough balls stuffed with oreos on a baking sheet with parchment paper underneath. They should be 2 inches apart.
8) Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
This is the finished product!!! Enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to comment below or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Savor the Baking,