Non-toxic chalk pastels
Small glass bowl
Ice cream scooper or large spoon (something to grind the chalk up with)
Plastic jewelry organizer
1. Choose a little of the chalk color of your choice and place it in a little glass bowl.
4. The finished product.
Color Dust Tips
- To lighten the color dust mix it with a little corn starch.
- To custom make a color dust color take a little of two color dusts and mix them together with some corn starch.
- A little goes a long way. Start with a light application and you can always go back and build the color.
- To make the color dust into a paint mix it with a little clear vanilla extract.
I hope that this tutorial has been helpful to you and that you have a lot of fun making color dust and making custom colors.
Here is a gumpaste rose that I dusted with some orange and black color dust. Do you see how vibrant the colors are? I hope that you all have a blessed weekend.