To round out the breakfast theme of this week I decided to bake some lemon blueberry muffins. These muffins made the apartment smell really good, while they were baking. If there is one muffin that I could eat everyday this one would be it. These muffins are sweet with a little tang from the lemon. You all know how much I love lemon and these muffins have a lot of lemon flavor.
These muffins are light and fluffy so they are great to eat first thing in the morning or eat as an after workout snack. They are full of blueberries, which sweeten their flavor even more.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 eggs (room temperature)
7 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
1. In a small bowl toss blueberries in 1 teaspoon of flour. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add granulated sugar.
4. Add pure vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
5. Add alternating flour mixture and milk.
6. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
7. Gently fold in blueberries.
8. Bake muffins at 350 degrees at 15-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in middle of muffin and comes out clean.
Have a great weekend everyone.
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Savor The Baking,