If you can't get to a campground anytime soon and are craving s'mores, these cookies will be the solution to your problem. With classic s'mores flavors like graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows, these cookies will have you dreaming of being by the fireside.
I wanted to make a unique cookie to start off the year and these cookies fit the bill. They are also fun and very easy to make. If you know how to make a basic chocolate chip cookie then the rest should be easy.
My favorite parts of making this cookie were crushing the graham crackers and sticking the mini marshmallows on.
Yield -16 cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Hersheys milk chocolate morsels
1 cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.
2. Add pure vanilla extract and egg. Beat for 1 minute on low speed after the addition of egg.
3. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
4. Gentle fold in milk chocolate morsels.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Quickly remove cookies from oven and press in mini marshmallows.
6. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
7. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
8. Remove cookies from baking sheet and place on cooling rack until cooled completely.
Happy Martin Luther King Day and I hope you all are having a great start to the week. What cookie are you looking forward to trying?
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #savorthebaking!
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings
Savor The Baking,